2019 Sanctioned Event Fee Structure – (2021 Fee Structure Coming Soon)
2*, 3* & 3.5* Events – $40.00 includes singles with single match consolation for players who lose their first match (unless Round Robin is played). Players are permitted to play an additional singles event for $20.00. Consolation will only be offered in a players first age group. Doubles will not be offered at these events due to time restraints. These events will run Friday afternoon until Sunday evening.
4* Events – $65.00 includes singles with single match consolation as well as doubles (players are required to find their own partner by 3:00pm of the first day of play) Players are permitted to play an additional singles event for $35.00. Single match consolation will be offered for all singles players who lose their first match. If a player is playing in 2 singles categories and lose first round in both they are eligible to play the consolation match in both divisions.
Open, Masters, Class A & B Events – First Event $40, second event $20.
- All indoor events (price TBD before each event)
- Bell and Grant NS Open – First Event $60, each additional event $25.
4* ATA Indoor Circuit Events $65 includes main draw singles with single match consolation as well as doubles in all categories. An additional singles event can be played for $25. Doubles teams must be registered with the Tournament Desk by 3:00pm on the first day of play. This event will run Thursday a.m – Sunday p.m.
Club Event Hosting (outdoor events)
If your club is interested in hosting a TNS sanctioned event in 2020 please read below and let me know if you have any questions.
- Outdoor Seasonal Clubs will receive $8.00 per player entered in the event. For example, if 50 players enter the event TNS will send a cheque to the host club for $400.00 for the use of their club. Some of these funds can be used by the club in the following ways:
- to run a social event during the tournament (BBQ, dinner party, etc)
- to put a registration package together for each participant
- to have snacks, fruit, sandwiches available throughout the event
- Clubs must be willing to give up the use of 4 courts (minimum) for a full 3 days if needed. (Friday a.m – Sunday p.m)
- TNS will handle taking entries, making the schedule, taking registration money not paid online, hiring officials, bringing balls and trophies for the event, entering results online/sending to media as well as running the event.
- This will hopefully lead to consistency in how TNS sanctioned events are run, and in turn leading to better retention.
- Clubs are still encouraged to put a social committee together for their sanctioned events in order to make their event unique and have players want to return to their event year after year.
Sanctioned events are a great way to showcase your club to players from around the province. It is also important to have such events available for your members to play in their “home” event. If you have any questions please let me know and we can discuss your upcoming event.
Sample Budget of TNS Events
Revenue (based on 40 entries in a junior 3 star event) $40 first event/$20 second event
$50.00 x 40 players
$1,600.00 – $2,000.00 (some players playing more than one event)
Tournament Director $450
Officials $360 (approx.) $15/hr x 24 hrs
Club Rental $320 ($8.00 x 40 players)
Total Expenses $1,830.00